What does the program consist of?
The Internship Program of Academia Iria Flavia consists of a in-person Spanish course combined with an unpaid internship held in a company in Galicia (Spain).
To intern in a foreign country will bring you a first-hand knowledge of a culture, a society and a way of working different to those in your country. It will also enhance your CV, since it is a highly valued experience for many employers. Furthermore, your command of Spanish language will improve rapidly, since it will be your communication language both in professional and social situations, always in a completely real context.
We have agreements with companies in many different sectors, from multinationals to local chains, but always leading in their field of activity. Here you are some examples of the sectors where you could intern:
- Teaching (Pre-school, Primary and Secondary/high school)
- Textile (fashion shops)
- Hairdressing and Beauty
- Welfare (eldercare)
- Civil works and engineering
- Tourism (information offices and travel agencies)
- Hotel and catering industry
- Event organization
- Sociocultural coordination
- Occupational therapy
Who can participate?
- High schools, vocational training schools or universities of the European Union involved in a mobility project under the frame of Erasmus + Programs (Key action 1: Mobility project for VET learners and staff; Mobility project for higher education students and staff).
- Persons over 16 years (the minimum age will depend on each partner company).
- Individuals and education centres (high schools, universities, international schools...) all around the world.
A program full of advantages
When you intern you will:
- Get an insight into Spanish society.
- Interact with Spaniards in real contexts.
- Put into practise the language and culture kowledge you get in your lessons.
- Get to know the Spanish work market in the field of your specialization.
- Enhance your CV.
- Gain international work experience.
The Spanish Course
Most Spanish companies need their interns to have at least a B2 level of Spanish (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- If your level is B2 or higher, and the working schedule in the company allows it, you can combine your Spanish course and your internship.
- Estimated duration of the language course depending on your current level of Spanish:
|Current level||Course duration|
|0||Minimum 12 weeks|
|A1||10 - 12 weeks|
|A2||8 - 10 weeks|
|B1||6- 8 weeks|
|B2||1- 3 weeks|
|C1 or higher||(Minimum 1 week))|
This estimated duration may vary depending on many factors: number of lessons per day, participant's mother tongue, number of languages spoken by the participant, intensity of autonomous study…
We can also offer you a Spanish course via Skype until you reach the required level. Please get in touch with us for details about duration and prices.
By the way:
A student of Spanish at level B2 will be able to:
- Communicate so spontaneously and fluently that a normal conversation with native speakers is easily possible without a great deal of effort on either side.
- Express him/herself on a wide range of topics in a clear and detailed manner, explain his/her position on a current issue and indicate the benefits and drawbacks of various options.
- Understand the main contents of complex texts on concrete and abstract topics. Understand specialized discussions in his/her own primary area of specialization
The course will run in our School in Santiago de Compostela and you will join a general course (Course Standard 20). These courses are regularly formed at the school with international students.
Services included in your programme:
- Interview (via video conference) and level assessment test
- Search for an appropriate job position, acording to your interests and experience.
- Permanent support all through your stay (24 hour support telephone line).
- Help with all the necessary documentation.
- Search and management of accommodation.
- Participation in all activities organized by the school.
- Use of all didactic material.
- Use of audiovisual facilities in the school.
- Certificate of Attendance to the course + Certificate of Internship from the host company.
How much does it cost?
The price depends on the duration of the program. Course duration will depend on your current level of Spanish.
|Course + Internship duration||Price 2018|
|1-week course + 4-24 weeks of internship||475 €|
|2-weeks course + 4-24 weeks of internship||650 €|
|3-weeks course + 4-24 weeks of internship||780 €|
|4-weeks course + 4-24 weeks of internship||940 €|
|5-weeks course + 4-24 weeks of internship||1.075 €|
|6-weeks course + 4-24 weeks of internship||1.230 €|
|7-weeks course + 4-24 weeks of internship||1.385 €|
|8-weeks course + 4-24 weeks of internship||1.540 €|
|Extra week||150 €|
- Work clothes: when necessary, some companies give them for free, but others do not.
- City transport: a monthly bus pass costs 26€
How to enrol
You should begin your registration process at least 3 months in advance. Have in mind that, before you start your internship, we need to assess your level of Spanish and look for an appropriate destination; you will also have to arrange your travel/medical insurances; you will also have to complete your Spanish course...
And, in some cases, you will be interviewed by the company yo will intern for.
#1 Send us the following documents
Send us, as soon as possible your application and your level test and send us your CV to email@example.com.
You must also send a deposit of 300 €. This amount is refundable if we cannot find an appropriate position for your intership.
We will hold an interview wih you via Skype or telephone. After this interview, we will advise on how long your Spanish course should be in order to reach the level required to start your internship.
#3 We start searching for a suitable possition, according to your training background and interests
#4 Insurance and signing of the Internship Agreement
Please send us a copy of your Medical and Public Liability insurances.
You will also have to sign a Internship Agreement with Academia Iria Flavia and the company you will intern for, stating all the tasks you will be carrying out, your rights and responsibilities, dates, time schedule...
#5 Payment of the balance
#6 Starting your Spanish Course
You will start your Spanish course on the date stated on your enrolment. Your course and your internship can be simultaneous if your level of Spanish and the schedule of your host company allow for it.
#7 Starting your Internship
You'll start your internship in the assigned company once you have completed your course of Spanish and accredited a B2 level of Spanish.
A staff member from Academia Iria Flavia will accompany you to the company you will intern for. This will be your contact person all through your stay and you can address him/her whenever you need it.