General Terms and Conditions
All general courses and Spanish + Internship Programme are subject to a minimum booking of 3 students. If there are less than 3 students at one group or level, lessons will be reduced as follows:
|Lesson reduction in case of low enrolment (lessons received per week)|
|Only 1 student registered||Only 2 students registered|
|Standard Course 20||10 lessons||12 lessons|
|Intensive Course 25||15 lessons||17 lessons|
|Intensive Course 25+5||15 lessons + 5 private hours||17 lessons + 5 private hours|
Academia Iria Flavia reserves the right to cancel any courses for reasons beyond our control (including insufficient registration). In such an event, any fees collected will be refunded.
Classes missed due to national or local bank holidays will not be made up, except in the case of Private Courses and individual lessons in Intensive 25+5 Course.
Students booking accommodation in a shared flat must pay a deposit of 100 € per student on the first day of the course. At the end of the course, the deposit will be refunded, provided that the flat is left in perfect conditions.
Minimum age: 17
Academia Iria Flavia is insured against any accident that might occur on its premises or during the activities organized by the school. Apart from this coverage, neither Academia Iria Flavia nor host families provide insurance of any kind against illness, accidents outside the premises, robbery or loss of personal property. Students are strongly advised to obtain insurance coverage in advance from their own country.
Registration and payment
In order to register for a course, please send:
- Registration Form duly filled in.
- Deposit of 150 € by bank transfer or credit card addressed to Academia Iria Flavia. This amount will be deduced from the total fees.
After sending your Registration Form, please fill in and send the Placement Test. This will help us to know your command of Spanish language and place you in the correct level group. Sending your placement test beforehand means you will start your Spanish lessons as soon as you arrive in the school on the first day. Students failing to send the placement test in advance will have to do it on the first day of their course.
Students who need to apply for a visa have to send full payment (course + accommodation) in the moment of enrolment.
As soon as we receive the registration form and the deposit, the school will confirm the booking and send all the necessary documents and information.
The balance will be paid for in one of the following ways:
- By bank transfer, at least 15 days prior to the starting date of the course.
- In cash at the School office, within the first 3 days of the course.
Academia Iria Flavia Bank details:
|ACADEMIA IRIA FLAVIA
Banco Sabadell Atlántico: 0081 0499 60 0001046609
IBAN: ES60 0081 0499 6000 0104 6609
BIC CODE: BSABESBBXXX
Banco Sabadell Atlántico, c/ Xeneral Pardiñas 20.
Santiago de Compostela. 15701 España
The student must cover all banking costs.
Registrations received within 15 days notice must be paid in full in the moment of enrolment.
Airport transfer (optional)
- 27€ (one way)
- 54€ (return)
Cancel & refund conditions
- More than 20 days in advance to the starting date: all payments made will be refunded
- From 19 to 7 days in advance to the starting date: all payments made will be refunded, excluding the deposit (150 €) which will be used as administration expenses
- Less than 7 days in advance to the starting date: a 50% of all payments made will be refunded
- No refunds will be made to students leaving the course after it has started
- All cancellations must be notified in written. All banking costs incurred will be deduced from the refund.