1. DEFINITION, FUNCTIONS AND TYPES OF COOKIES
B) Its main FUNCTIONS are:
Manage the control of users.
I. When a user enters the username and password, a cookie is stored so as not to enter them again in every page of the server.
II. Usually the cookies do not identify people, only the computer, the browser and the accessing user. Nevertheless, there are cookies which can store information that personally identifies the users.
III. Cookies can store the configuration of the websites as which is the preferred language or the geographic location.
Obtain information on the surfing habits of the user.
C) TYPES of cookies:
- By the managing body of the domain
- Own Cookies
- Third party Cookies
- By the time spent
- Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
- By its purpose
- Technical Cookies
- Personalisation Cookies
- Analysis Cookies
- Advertising Cookies
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies
The website https://ifspanish.com/ uses “cookies” when a user browses through its pages. These “cookies” only combine with the computer's browser in an anonymous way and by doing so, they do not provide any user's personal details.
The User has the possibility to configure the browser so as to be warned on the screen of the reception of “cookies” and to avoid its installation on the hard drive.
As detailed below, in this website the following cookies are used:
- TECHNICAL COOKIES. They are needed for the prevision of specific services. If these cookies are disabled, you will not be able to correctly received the contents in the website. They are also used to share contents through social networks.
- PROCESS COOKIES. Are those which help run the website and deliver the services that the visitor of the website expects, as surf through webpages or access secure areas in the website.
- SESSION STORAGE COOKIES. Are those cookies that allow the storage of information on the user's activity in the webpage so he/she can easily return to the exact place where it was previously left.
- LOCAL STORAGE COOKIES. Part of the information can be stored in the browser's local storage as well as in the shared storage of Adobe Flash. To delete the data stored in the browser's local storage you must erase your browsing history
To delete the Adobe Flash cookies you can visit the following link
- WEB COOKIES:
3. DISABLING COOKIES
At any given time the user can choose which cookies to work on this website through the browser's configuration:
A) Chrome, from http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
B) Explorer, from https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
C) Firefox, from http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
D) Safari, from http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
You can manage the cookies storage in your browser with tools as the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/